Unsinkable: Hearing the Voices of Canadian Kids!
We, at Music Rights Clearance, were most delighted to give a hand to Unsinkable’s team to put altogether a show to promote and give support to Kids Help Phone. Just a little more than a month ago, the Unsinkable Team envisioned creating a show that would capture the voices of youth during COVID, share their experiences, and celebrate their resilience.
How it started? When they learned from Kids Help Phone that their calls increased 350% since the pandemic began. Then the idea to put on a show, in only 27 days, was born. On the invitation of producer Franca Piacente, we, as well as many other players in the music, ad and Tv industries, were able to contribute and mobilize quickly. As Unsinkable puts it, in those 27 days, together we :
- created a story line
- interviewed youth from all parts of the country
- engaged Community Influencers, Kids Help Phone Council and Unsinkable Youth Ambassadors
- asked Canadian youth to submit content
- secured celebrities and received their content and signed contracts under tight timelines
- worked hard to gain music rights at no cost
- spent hundreds of hours editing and mixing
- created commercials, social ads and marketing assets
- secured media interviews on The Social, ETalk, CP24 and many more
- worked with companies to support a meeting free hour, and promote the show internally and externally
- connected to schools and associations to share the show details with their students and parents
- AND put together a show we are all truly proud of!
The show was watched by 207K Canadians watched on CTV while 1K live-streamed on CTV.ca. On social platforms, 4500 watched on CTV YouTube live, and 3500 on CTV On-demand. To date, 345K views on Unsinkable’s Facebook page and counting. Lastly, the three commercials have received over 120K views on Unsinkable platforms.
The celebrities contribution were remarkable but it was the youth voices that stole the show. As Kathy Hay, the CEO of Kids Help Phone said to us, “We have saved lives today. We have saved lives because we gave the youth a platform to talk about how they are feeling. We educated the adults in their lives about what young people are worried about, and highlighted the great work of Kids Help Phone.”
Music Rights Clearance want to thank Unsinkable and all those who you contributed to make those voices heard.
Learn more : weareunsinkable.com